From multi-gym, sauna and sports hall to conference facilities and learning rooms, spòrsnis has been designed to have something for everyone. Many of the areas mentioned here are flexible in their use and the building can accommodate a range of users and activities.
You will be welcomed by spòrsnis staff who will be able to help you with your enquiries and bookings, and who will be happy to show you around the facilities.
Multi Gym and Sauna
- Within in the Gym there are 5 aerobic machines and 1 weight machine.
- Personal Training Plans can be developed for toning, losing weight or general fitness, and are designed especially for you.
- The Nordic Sauna is set at 80°C before steam and has a capacity of 4-6 people at any one time.
- It can be used as a treatment on its own, in conjunction with the gym, or be privately hired for groups.
- There are shower facilities and private changing rooms.
- We also have towels and robes available for hire.
- Age requirements are 16+ years for the fitness suite and sauna.
- It is required that you attend an induction session, taking approximately 1 hour, to acquaint you with the appropriate use of the equipment for your requirements. After that you are free to use the equipment safely on your own in further sessions.
- It is advisable to book you session due to the Gym's popularity.
- This has facilities for 3 Badminton courts, short tennis, basket ball, volley ball, uni hockey, indoor rounders, netball, 5 aside football.
- Team changing areas are available.
- Can be hired for an activity of your choice, for example performances, children's parties or weddings.
- Kitchen facilities are also available for use.
- An entertainment licence is held by the premises.
- Nappy Changing Area
- There are several rooms for hire in this capacity with an area of 16 computer terminals available.
- Sessions can be booked for Monday, Wednesday and Thursday mornings, though appointments may be available for some evenings.
- Types of massage fall into two categories - Sports and General
- General massage has : Full body, Back and shoulders, Back neck and shoulders, Sciatica problems, Lower back and legs.
- Sports massage has : Deep tissue release, and Soft tissue release.
- Your first massage will take 1 hour with follow up sessions being 1/2 hour.
- Booking is required through reception, where pricing is available.
Swimming Pool facilities
** Please note that the pool arrangements are separate from spòrsnis and we are putting the opening times here for your information soon.
The building benefits from a range of renewable energy sources of heat, light and power ~ Wind turbines, Ground Source Heat Pumps and under floor heating, Solar Hot Water, passive Solar and Photo Voltaic Panels.
Two lane 10-pin Bowling Alley
Advanced booking is strongly recommended for the ten-pin bowling as this is a very popular facility. Ring 01851 810 039.
opening hours are: Monday and Tuesday - 9.30am to 9pm, Wednesday 12pm to 10pm, Thursday and Friday 9.30am to 9pm, and Saturday 10am to 9pm